SweetFX Settings DB
Latest forum threads
27 minutes ago
45 minutes ago
46 minutes ago
2 hours, 50 minutes ago
Help Us Please! RE7 & Reshade Troubleshooting
Posted 7 years, 1 month ago
So here is the issue. It seems that a lot of people are struggling to get Reshade 3+ to work properly on RE7. I myself am included in that group. I have installed Reshade 3+ on other games older and newer, legal and non-legal copies(I don't condone the use of these), and have had no issues. The solutions that some have found are the usual. Tried Windowed mode, tried Borderless. Tried D3D8/9, tried D3D10+, and tried OpenGL32. None have worked so far. D3D8/9, and OpenGL32 both allow the game to play, but you can't access the overlay. D3D10+ starts the game, but it doesn't open. So if anybody finds a definite solution to getting the newest Reshade 3+ to work please help us all out. SweetFX and older versions of Reshade all work, but Reshade 3+ just doesn't work for some reason with this game.
maybe this is Windows 10 issue because I play in Windows 7 and no problem with reshade 3.06 in RE7. Only cursor not works after open overlay but after in game pause cursor work without problem.
It maybe a windows 8/8.1/10 issue. I have W8!I have heard of success using 3.0.4, so I will definitely give it a try. If I am successful I will update everyone. Caio thank you for the DL Link bro!
**UPDATE** After several test here are my conclusions: System Specs: i7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz 16Gb GSkillTrident RAM EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 8GB SC Windows 8.1 Build 9600 ReShade 3.0.1 D3D9 Installs - No Overlay D3D10+ Installs - Game Executes then Idles OpenGL 32 Installs - No Overlay ReShade 3.0.3 D3D9 Installs - No Overlay D3D10+ Installs - Game Executes then Idles OpenGL 32 Installs - No Overlay ReShade 3.0.4 D3D9 Installs - Works D3D10+ Installs - Works OpenGL 32 Installs - Works ReShade 3.0.5 D3D9 Installs - No Overlay D3D10+ Installs - Game Executes then Idles OpenGL 32 Installs - No Overlay ReShade 3.0.6 D3D9 Installs - No Overlay D3D10+ Installs - Game Executes then Idles OpenGL 32 Installs - No Overlay I tested all those versions individually, as you can see the same results on my system occur for all versions except Reshade 3.0.4. So for others that maybe experiencing the same issues hopefully this helps you out. From my research and investigation, I have also concluded that this is a case by case situation. MY results will not be the same for everyone, as others have reported success using other versions on their setup.
Isn't it a bit redundant to test OpenGL and DirectX 9 on a DirectX 11 game?
DirectX contains Direct3D, which is the primary graphics handling portion of DirectX. DirectX can handle both 2D and 3D. Whereas Direct3D handles ONLY the 3D rendering! So D3D9 and D3D10+ are very much similar, and can be used with most applications using DirectX 9 and above. As you can see from the test that D3D10+ hooks into the executable, but for some reason causes an infinite idle.
I get that, but the game specifically lists DirectX 11 as it's api, so logically you'd use d3d11 or dxgi. On all versions except 3.04, everything but dxgi gives 'No Overlay', which tells me it didn't hook in properly. dxgi, however, gives "Game Runs but Idles.", which tells me it hooked in properly but crashed.
Yes you are right about all that, and you could only know that info by running complete test across all three! In conclusion, as I do use these programs extensively, the actual mechanics are above my level of understanding. So I figured I would just test all three for consistency.
New post

Please log in to post an answer