SweetFX Settings DB
Latest forum threads
36 minutes ago
2 hours ago
2 hours, 52 minutes ago
4 hours, 6 minutes ago
MXAO and Black Ops II
Posted 6 years, 10 months ago
I'm using ReShade with Black Ops II, and while effects like sharpening and colour correction work, MXAO unfortunately doesn't seem to do anything, which is a shame because I thought it would've really made the game look nice. Could someone help?
MXAO requires a depth buffer and BO2 only has a partial depth buffer. That's why it doesn't work. You can check the compatibility of tons of game here: https://reshade.me/compatibility
@Mr_Phann MXAO doesn't work that good in any game. As much as it looks nice in some places It makes games look broken in other places.
@QTmodz It really depends on the game and the settings MXAO is using. If someone tweaks it properly, it can look great. The main drawback is the performance cost.
@aaronth07 Interesting. Thanks!
QTmodz The main problem is that you can see the AO effect through smoke/fog, etc. Otherwise it's a great AO shader.
aaronth07 I tweak the actually code myself for more precise look but it is still only screen based so distance will look broken in a lot of games. Great for screens though :)
@QTmods Yeah, it does look great when it works correctly. May I ask what you mean when you say you tweak the code yourself? Do you mean you tweak the settings through the Reshade GUI, or that you manually tweak the actual shader?
@aaronth07 actual shader.
@QTmodz Very interesting!
Posted 1 year ago
Check that MXAO is enabled in ReShade. To do this, open the https://smiledatingtest.com ReShade menu by pressing the "Home" key while in-game. Look for the MXAO effect in the list and make sure the checkbox next to it is ticked.
New post

Please log in to post an answer