Latest forum threads
9 minutes ago
9 minutes ago
by mnbvc
22 minutes ago
29 minutes ago
How can I reduce bloom with SweetFX
Posted 8 years, 9 months ago
So many games over use bloom and it would be great to be able to lower it or remove it. I tried contrast, levels, curves, bloom etc. but I haven't had much luck. I'm new to using SweetFX so I'm kind of lost. If any of you figured out how to reduce bloom in games, I would appreciate the help.
Reduce Bloom? well technically speaking it's impossible to change the bloom. It's always going to be there if you cannot turn it off. But what you can do is use Negative Exposure via the SweetFX tonemap filter to lessen how bright it is. You can even use levels and raise the white level. I've never really had to lessen bloom for a game via pp-shaders. Usually i just turn it off via in game or .ini tweak if its bad (bishock infinite had some wicked bloom, I disabled it via .INI)
Yeah, I turn it off when possible as well. Some games don't have (or I can't find) a config or ini to turn it off. I was looking to turn it off in AC Black Flag but I don't see any file with a bloom on/off option. I used the white/black level sliders all the way down for black and all the way up for white in levels and it helped a little bit. Exposure seemed to lower all light too much. I also tried changing bloom to 30 and that kind of helped too. I will keep tweaking. thanks for the help.
New post

Please log in to post an answer