Latest forum threads
1 hour, 2 minutes ago
1 hour, 50 minutes ago
2 hours, 31 minutes ago
3 hours, 41 minutes ago
by Olhag
Cryostasis and SweetFX
Posted 8 years, 6 months ago
Hello again, it has been a while, hasn't it? Anyway, I've recently gotten myself another game, this one being the infamous Cryostasis. The game looks alright, but I figured that SweetFX could make it better, and if the screenshots are correct, I was right. However, just like The Evil Within, I'm having a hard time getting it to work. The preset I am using (or trying to, anyway) is this one. https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1922/ It says that it needs SweetFX 1.5.1, so I tried that, and noticed no discernible difference. I remembered that Windows 8.1 doesn't play well with SweetFX, though it works just fine for DMC4, curiously. So I tried ReShade, which was recommended for me to use with the other game I had problems with, The Evil Within. Not only do I not see any difference, it also presents me with error messages. Different ones depending on what I name the ReShade32/64.dll files. Or rather, I was. Before, it gave me errors, but now it doesn't. However, I can't seem to tell whether SweetFX is working or not, sometimes the differences are so subtle, they don't pop out. So for now, how can I tell that SweetFX is working for a fact? Once we figure this out, then we move onto the real issue. My apologies for such a scattered post.
New post

Please log in to post an answer