SweetFX Settings DB
Latest forum threads
0 minutes ago
0 minutes ago
7 minutes ago
8 minutes ago
SweetFX 2.0 crashes on startup
Posted 7 years, 6 months ago
Whenever I try to launch SWBF with any SweetFX or ReShade enabled, the game crashes when I switch to fullscreen. It says effects were compiled successfuly, and then it stops working. This happens with Origin overlay disabled. When Origin overlay is enabled, the game doesn't crash, however I can't use keyboard or mouse in-game. Also alt-tab doesn't even do anything. I have tried using vanilla mods without any custom presets and no dice either. I don't have GFE and can't think of any other overlays enabled and the only potential culprit left is SetPoint (haven't tested without it yet). I have tried using multiple presets for both ReShade and SweetFX and always get the same result. The only mod that works, is https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4865/, likely because it uses some additional shaders/injectors, however I'm not happy with the results. I'm using Windows 10, gtx drivers are a few months old (better performance) however using the latest one made no difference. Any help appreciated.
Few things that came in my mind: - You should try to do a clean install of the driver you want to use, if you haven't done that already. I recommend using the latest DDU. - You should try to load up other games (preferably Origin games) with SweetFX 2.0 to see if the issue is present there. If not, it's SWBFs fault. - You should repair SWBF through Origin, just to be safe. - If you are using a controller or another input device, disable it externally and internally (SWBF settings) and see if the "no controls" issue persists. (I had the same problem. Disabling Origin and disabling controller input once fixed it for me. This one is definitely a bug in the game.)
-reinstalling the driver did not help -tried BF Hardline and got the exact same error -a repair also didn't help -I'm using just my mouse and keyboard I have seen other people are reporting the exact same problem around the forums, so it might be Windows (10)/ Origin client related. I guess I'll just stick to the default look. It's amazing anyway :)
Alright, hope it'll get fixed soon, so that you can enjoy a more colorful game with SweetFX :)
Battlefield 4 is fine for me, though. It has been for SweetFX 2, ReShade Framework 1, and ReShade Framework 2. -Windows 10, no Origin in-game, NVIDIA GPU.
New post

Please log in to post an answer