Latest forum threads
28 minutes ago
1 hour, 16 minutes ago
1 hour, 56 minutes ago
3 hours, 7 minutes ago
by Olhag
Sweet fx doesn't work
Posted 8 years, 11 months ago
Hi guys I'm new to sweetfx and this forum. I recently discovered sweetfx and wanted to use it for a few of my games. So far i've tested it with two games namely bf4 and ac unity and I get the same problem when attempting to use it with them. In bf4, the game crashes even before starting with a prompt saying bf4.exe stopped working. In ac unity it crashes when loading the last save game from the menu with a prompt saying acu.exe stopped working. I've quit steam, origin, msi ab, rivatuner (except for origin during bf4) and problem still exists. All this is on windows 7 64 bit and with a few programs running in the taskbar, namely razer synapse, corsair HID, corsair LINK and xonar audio. Would any of these conflict with sweetfx? Also i've tried both the x64 and x86 dlls for sweetfx and the x86 dlls allowed the game to be lauched but don't do anything at all in game. Would appreciate any help a lot.
Anyone?
Hi mate I just seen your post :) Here's the offical creators of SweetFX, Reshade, MasterFX and GemFX forum where you will get more help http://reshade.me/forum/index ................................................................................................... This forum here is mostly used to upload or download the Presets and You will also get help if one of us in the know is Online. ................................................................................................... Anyway welcome mate and what version of SweetFX can you not get working?
Hi and thanks for the quick reply. I will get to the other forums then. I'm trying to use the latest release of SweetFx which is 1.5.1. I'm using boloutaurs version for the 64 bit dlls.
Hey, welcome. ReShade is out and in Beta now and is packaged with SweetFX 2.0. ReShade has numerous benefits over the old injector and allows for much better effects to be possible (AO,DOF with other shader packs). I'd suggest checking it out it comes with a nice installer that you just direct to the games .exe and it does the rest for you. (except for editing the colors/effects of course). The only downside of ReShade is currently some anti-cheats pick it up as a cheat. Due to the fact that's it's not known widely yet and thus not white-listed. Sweetfx 1.5.1 uses an older injector that is whitelisted by almost every single game in existence. Lots of games work just fine with Reshade though, but knowing that there could be a risk is important. You need not worry for any single player game though. I use it for some online games as well, it really depends on the anti-cheat (smaller, less mainstream methods may think it as cheating, like Battle-eye in the Arma series). You can check out ReShade at: http://reshade.me/ (go to downloads) Download the + Sweetfx 2.0 if you don't want all the shaders from other packs like Master Effect Reborn, and GEMFX. Also I forgot i'd like to add that some games straight up don't work with the old injectors and ReShade is needed for them. (some new games don't work)
Hi thanks again for the replies. Just one question though, would Nvidia's MFAA and DSR conflict with these mods?
Doubt it, there was a problem with ReShade and some sort of super sampling AA forced through Nvidia Inspector but that's probably fixed by now.
Ok thanks. I'm about to try reshade now and will post my results.
Not working properly with AC Unity. Game launches and sweetfx loads but at some point the game will crash with a prompt saying ACU.exe stopped working. About to try it with battlefield 4 now.
Same issue with bf4 unfortunately. Game crashes before even starting with a prompt saying bf4.exe stopped working.
Managed to somehow get it working with AC Unity without crashing. BF4 still doesn't work though. Crashes upon launch.
New post

Please log in to post an answer