4 hours, 47 minutes ago
by mnbvc
5 hours, 37 minutes ago
by mnbvc
6 hours, 27 minutes ago
by mnbvc
SweetFX causes games to crash.
Posted 7 years, 11 months ago
I use sweetFX 2.0 with ReShade to most of my games.I have these two games that are not very demanding right?One is Bully.I created a preset my self enabling some presets that are performance decreasing (cartoon,fxaa,ca,bloom,lumasharpen,dpx and filmgrain).With these effects enabled, the game runs very smoothly, with no stutter or anything like that.After some time the screen freezes and two possibilities occur:1 - the game freezes and then the effect gets re-applied, 2 - the game freezes and then stops responding.Either way this happens very frequently, and sometimes I have to reboot my computer to make it work again, as alt-tabbing or ctrl-alt-delete doesnt work (the screen remains black)Any help?Or information?
SFX 2 uses ReShade 1.1.0, whereas the newest version is 2.0.3f1, so I'd try that first of all. If that fixes nothing, see if you can establish some crash conditions; as in how to predict it.
FierySwordswoman where can I get SweetFX 2.0.3f1?In the downloads section, I only see version 2.0 (preview 8).If you could send me a link or something, I would appreciate it.In respond to establishing crash conditions, the only thing I found out was that if I play in a lower resolution (generally speaking), the game tends to play longer (but still crashes at the end.It is not easy for me to find some legit facts as all the games crash a little bit different and don't have the same reaction to lowering the resolution.I forgot to mention my specs: Dual Core CPU 2.9 ghz Nvidia geforce GTS 250 2 GB ram I usally play games in 1600x900 resolution in the highest settings, but I always check if I have the minimum requirements to run them first.Could this be due to dusty video card?
[url=http://www.mediafire.com/download/hd25q2558um47el/ReShade+2.0.3f1.7z]ReShade 2.0.3f1 injector with SweetFX 2.0 shaders[/url]. You have a freakishly old system. Judging by the resolution conundrum, Windows is probably terminating the game for 1 of a few reasons: 1) Heat. That old of a system probably has heat issues, so your programs may be terminated due to overheat. Usually your whole PC goes into sleep mode, though, so this *probably* isn't the cause. 2) VRAM. You only have 512 and ReShade uses some to run. Generally you'll stutter a lot before crashing if this was the case, though, so this *probably* isn't the cause. 3) RAM. You only have 2 gigabtes. That's scarily low. I'm using 2.3 just typing this on my browser with a few small background programs running. I have 8 gigabytes, so I've only had issues when I messed around with page files, but that taught me that if Windows notices that your RAM is almost completely full with no other memory, it'll start terminating/suspending programs. I'd bet that this is your problem, as 2gb of RAM is how much a smartphone has nowadays, not a pc. Note that it's not worth upgrading your pc in any way, so you'll just have to close as many bg programs as you can or something. 4)CPU. You have what I assume to be an old Pentium/AMD cpu, which is in no way comparable to anything modern. However, running out of CPU will have similar effects to running out of VRAM.
Yeah you're right.I think it might be the VRAM or the video card overheating.I tried to use ReShade 2.0.3f1 but it has too many options and tweaks for me,with the assistant and all, I prefer simple things XD...I noticed while playing slender the arrival that the screen pauses,freezes or hangs for a second, and has a hard time playing in general like other games, not only do they crash but they freeze too for a moment.What I find weird in all of this is just that when it doesn't freeze it runs with a lot of FPS like normal, so it must be the Video Card that has the problem, not the CPU.And not ReShade of course...Anyways, thanks for the help.Cheers!
First i would sugest to disable some of these effect that you have, see if that prevents from crashing/freezing. like, CA & Filmgrain. and some other thing i most of the time use is, to anable some visual memory through windows, do you know how to do that ? In THAT way you anable some hard drive free space, to act like RAM memory.
...Have you been smoking Night Howlers recently?
Posted 3 days, 12 hours ago
Support your essential nutritional needs with Just Glow's antioxidant-rich supplements. Our carefully selected blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants promotes optimal health and vitality with just one daily dose.nmn supplement canada 1000mg https://just-glow.com/
Posted 1 day, 7 hours ago
I am thankful to you for sharing this plethora of useful information. I found this resource utmost beneficial for me. Thanks a lot for hard work. 릴게임 https://reelnara.com/
Posted 1 day, 5 hours ago
An impressive share, I simply with all this onto a colleague who had previously been conducting a little analysis about this. And hubby in reality bought me breakfast since I ran across it for him.. smile. So well then, i’ll reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending any time to debate this, I find myself strongly about it and really like reading regarding this topic. If you can, as you become expertise, can you mind updating your blog with increased details? It truly is highly great for me. Huge thumb up with this blog post! um curso em milagres https://titusgiig44455.mdkblog.com/32144453/explorando-a-fascinante-hist%C3%B3ria-e-cultura-de-portugal-uma-viagem-pela-identidade-lusitana
New post

Please log in to post an answer