SweetFX Settings DB
Latest forum threads
25 minutes ago
26 minutes ago
1 hour, 19 minutes ago
1 hour, 20 minutes ago
Dawn of War Gold Edition Problem
Posted 7 years, 9 months ago
Okay so ive used the configurator tons of times with other games and its usually a very simple process. But for some reason when I try to apply sweetfx to the dawn of war executable it goes to a small window and says "Dawn of War has stopped working" etc. Does anyone know why that is? and if so, is there anyway to fix it? I know sweet fx works with standard DoW because ive seen YouTube clips + presets etc. I just don't know what Im doing wrong or where its going wrong. Any help would be appreciated :)
Well, SweetFX 1.5 is pretty old.... Try ReShade?
reshade uses a manual install though doesnt it? I usually screw that up somehow so im trying to avoid doing it manually lol Which is why I use the configurator.
It's insanely hard to screw up manual install since it's essentially copy/pasting (though with ReShade you have to choose either 32bit or 64bit dll corresponding with the games OS requirement and rename it to whatever DX version the game is or OpenGL) into a folder with insanely rare situations where installing requires extra steps or different locations for certain files for certain games and no ReShade has always had a way to install via a tool. Oh and Fiery, ReShade is the injector not the shader suite so it's not really accurate to call the whole thing ReShade. There is a reason They call it ReShade + SweetFX 2.0 or ReShade Framework. :P
I refer to ReShade Framework as "ReShade". SweetFX 1.5 doesn't use the ReShade injector, also. That's mostly what I was getting at.
you'd be suprised zomgerd :P Im not the brightest sometimes :/ I think I remember doing that a little bit with skyrim (until I realized the configurator existed lol), that said Dawn of War 1 is quite old now so im not sure if ill need extra step etc. have either of you tried reshade + sweetfx with Dawn of war 1? (vanilla no expansions)
Dawn of War should work with any sweetfx version you use including ReShade + SweetFX 2.0, no special instructions necessary. It's a DX9 game and only 32bit so it should have worked with sweetFX 1.5.1 or lower. AA needs to be disabled if you use 1.5.1 or lower, I don't think the Reshade version requires that step though.
Ok thanks zom, Ill try it a bit later :) (when ive had some sleep XD) Im wondering one thing though How come sweetfx 2.0 and reshade dont come with a configurator? or something similar? It made things much simpler really, as it did all the placing of files for you lol
...you mean like ReShade Assistant/ReShade Mediator that come with the program?
As I said before ReShade has always had a tool for installation.
Posted 7 years, 6 months ago
Okay so, I realized I was only downloading half of reshade for some messed up reason (which is why the installer was missing) and ive attempted to use the reshade installer. So going through the installation of sweetfx/resahde 2.0 it said auto detect failed. So I selected DX9 as you pointed out previously that it was a DX9 only game. However now the game just wont start, should add that this is with not just normal DoW but dark crusade and soul storm. I can see it load in my processes but the game itself just doesnt run. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Just to be clear....Im using windows 10 64 bit and my dawn of war games are steam variants if that helps. If anyone could help me figure this crap out id be grateful. So grateful that i might even say thank you and never come back here with my stupidity :D (I read my own comments back *facepalm*) Note: I know this thread is 3 months old but I havent really had time to respond or anything #busylifeisfun
New post

Please log in to post an answer