1 hour, 9 minutes ago
by mnbvc
1 hour, 38 minutes ago
by mnbvc
2 hours, 53 minutes ago
by mnbvc
MOUSE KEYBOARD LOCK
Posted 7 years, 6 months ago
Noob disclaimer. But I am trying to learn and would appreciate any help. Downloaded Start Wars BF on Origin. Everything worked fine. Then added SweetFx (Used step by step guide everything done correctly), and keyboard/ mouse became unresponsive in gameplay. Despite that, scroll lock feature works and it does look amazing with sweetfx enabled! Just wish I could figure out the deal with the "mod" making my keyboard and mouse not work. I have an i7 6700K, and GTX 1080 w/ GeForce Experience optimizing the game (could this be a point of conflict?), 16 gb ram, etc..... Mouse is deathadder chroma and keyboard a wireless HP that has never given me trouble so its for sure not a hardware issue. All updates and drivers are up to date. Will have to play without sweet fx for now. Thanks.
I used ReShade + SweetFX 2.0 and - Real Life Mod / Star Wars Battlefront preset
Never use GeForce experience to 'optimize' crap. It's terrible and doesn't know what the hell it's doing. With your system, its easy: just max out everything. Hell, GeForce experience even breaks my Skyrim just by being installed. I'd recommend removing it completely and getting the new drivers from http://www.geforce.com/drivers Learning how to configure your game's graphics by yourself will help for future games you can't safely max out. I mean, you should already know how to do that considering you're trying to set up a post-process injector.
Tried getting rid of GeForce Experience and reinstalling all drivers but still having the same problem: Keyboard and mouse are unresponsive in gameplay with the "mod" installed. Tried a different preset as well - same problem. Although Scroll Lock feature works. So I don't think its GeForce interfering in this case -- although I do appreciate the advice in general about forgoing it and it's "optimization" feature. You're right, I am perfectly capable of adjusting graphics settings myself. Was investigating all the added files in SweetFx and Reshade (which mostly make no sense to me),and found a bunch of stuff on keyboard "key codes" and "virtual keys" etc... Maybe there's a problem there? I have no clue - the preset makes the game look so darn pretty, but I'm about to give up - this stuff is probably beyond my capabilities.
If it's only a SweetFX 2 preset, it's probably very simple enhancements. Anyway, I'd try making a post here: http://reshade.me/forum instead, as 'ReShade' is the main program used for SweetFX 2. SweetFX 2 is just an add-on. Therefore, you might have better luck for help if you ask on that forum, instead. Unfortunately, ReShade has never had any issues like that for me, so I can't say what the problem is.
I am having the exact same problem with SWBF. It happens when origin overlay is enabled. When I disable it, the game crashes on startup or when I switch to fullscreen. Try disabling it, maybe you Will have more luck. The only preset that I got to work is the Real Life Mod (maybe bacause it uses different shaders/injectors?) however it is way too saturated for me.
New post

Please log in to post an answer