SweetFX Settings DB
Latest forum threads
1 hour, 42 minutes ago
10 hours, 13 minutes ago
15 hours, 27 minutes ago
16 hours, 25 minutes ago
Redesign the Settings Database?
Posted 9 years ago
Are there any plans on redesigning the settings database with the full release of ReShade "approaching"?
Posted 9 years ago
I sure hope so lol :)
Posted 9 years ago
I kind of get what you mean here. With ReShade framework you can really only link one of the multiple CFG files for your preset. Framework has mcfx, sweetfx and gemfx configs along with custom so linking a .zip file is pretty necessary for someone getting all the files. Perhaps a change to "download preset" where you could link your .Zip file via that button. (for instance, download preset would send them to your Dropbox, mediafire, etc). Also sometimes you have to link a .zip because your Master Effect Reborn preset or framework preset has some extra stuff. Like custom Lensdirt textures, custom Lut, custom lensflares etc. It's not that I don't mind linking stuff. It's that it might be confusing to some users. Some people might think just hitting download preset gives them the whole thing(some people most likely scroll to the pictures and don't read a thing and just hit download). Also some presets are most likely going to move towards Framework or Master Effect Reborn presets (definitely the more complex, advanced tweaks) so having a nice user-friendly way to share those presets would be great.
Posted 9 years ago
I've had that thought for over a year.. I'll gladly donate; help, whatever to get it like we want. Perhaps the community will even grow who knows. I mean, this is THE site of presets. !
Posted 9 years ago
So, what functionality would be needed?
Posted 9 years ago
some nice features would be: - delete pictures - edit comments - preset update function (current and previous setting in one preset) - message function between user - donate button because server??? - the possibility to combine the download button in a preset with a link(dropbox etc.) to download the whole setup e.g. mastereffect/framework because some guys dont read the Preset description --->this means if guys hit the download button they get forwarding to e.g. dropbox - some other "site Theme" oO - game list sorted by first letter of the game e.g. A...............................................................B • Arx Fatalis..............................................• blablub • Alien Rage..............................................• blublub C...............................................................D • Crysis.....................................................• Duuuduuu • Chrome..................................................• Daaadaa etc. so ppl only need to scroll down and not search site by site dont know if all these things are possible :)
Posted 9 years ago
@Terrasque If you want, I could create a little mockup for a design idea I had. :)
Posted 9 years ago
@Proudi
- delete pictures
You can delist them currently, but true, can't delete them at the moment, true. As for :
- edit comments - preset update function (current and previous setting in one preset) - message function between user
Those are technically easy to put in, but takes some time to code. I was hoping to get the time and motivation this weekend to put it in, but alas.
- donate button because server???
Hmm.. This is a topic I could write a lot on, but summary is that the server mostly pays for itself via ads, and I have a job (that limits the time and energy I got for my projects) so I don't think donations would make that big a difference. I also don't like asking for money for various reasons. Especially since the content here isn't mine, but the community's. It's worth a discussion, tho.
- some other "site Theme" oO
There's a custom CSS setting, if you make something cool feel free to share :D
- game list sorted by first letter of the game
Could you elaborate more here? @DahakaMVl: Go ahead, but implementing it would depend on how well it works with the current site's structure :)
Posted 9 years ago
@Terrasque
- game list sorted by first letter of the game Could you elaborate more here?
A...............................................................B • Arx Fatalis..............................................• blablub • Alien Rage..............................................• blublub C...............................................................D • Crysis.....................................................• Duuuduuu • Chrome..................................................• Daaadaa etc. so ppl only need to scroll down and not search site by site
Posted 9 years ago
@Terrasque - game list sorted by first letter of the game Could you elaborate more here? A...............................................................B • Arx Fatalis..............................................• blablub • Alien Rage..............................................• blublub C...............................................................D • Crysis.....................................................• Duuuduuu • Chrome..................................................• Daaadaa etc. so ppl only need to scroll down and not search site by site
Elaborate more does actually not mean "copy what I already have written".
Posted 9 years ago
well ... that explain what i mean if i write : game list sorted by first letter of the game... elaborate is the same like "detailed" or what do u mean? oO
Posted 9 years ago
Well, game list *is* already sorted by first letter of the game. Team Fortress 2 comes after Guild Wars, for example. Also, there's more than 2 games for each letter ;)
Posted 9 years ago
it was just an example how the game list could be improved that ppl only need to scroll down and not search site by site :D
Posted 9 years ago
Yeah, i think i know what he means. He wants clickable letters that bring you right to the games that start with a G for example.
Posted 9 years ago
You would still have multiple pages, tho. A alone would still be 3 pages. If you know which game you want, you search. If you just want to look through the games, does it matter if it's split up in letters or not?
Posted 9 years ago
atm if you search a game you just guess where the "first letter" could be located until u have some experience with the page :) __________________________________________________________ is it not possible to get the list spreads downward? so ppl only need to scroll down after hit on a letter oO __________________________________________________________ well.... it was only a suggestion...you sound so serious :D
Posted 9 years ago
ATM if you search a game you click the search box, type the game name, and hit enter.
is it not possible to get the list spreads downward? so ppl only need to scroll down after hit on a letter oO
It's certainly possible, but let's say T for example, or S. That's 5 pages, or 100+ entries. And I bet that will grow. You also got the extra cost of getting 5x the data from the database when showing the pages, and those pages are already a bit slow.
you sound so serious :D
Well, this kind of things is also my day time job. I guess it's becomes a habit thinking like that :p I also prefer to focus on adding things that will help the site, and I'm not quite seeing the value vs the cost.
Posted 9 years ago
Is it Possible to have 3 Download buttons for Reshade + Framework. Like: HERE........................................HERE.............................................HERE If yea get what i meant :)
Posted 9 years ago
I made a little picture of a possible idea. Integrating letters at some point wouldn't be a problem as well, I guess. http://1drv.ms/1Dbj660
Posted 9 years ago
That looks cool. But which page is that supposed to be on, btw?
Posted 9 years ago
Possibly the way, the latest or most popular presets are presented. I obviously didn't bother to build 30 unique grids. I just copy pasted them at some point ^^. The latest presets should be the mainpage anyway in my opinion. :)
Posted 9 years ago
I like how it gives more natural focus on the search box, and how it gives more visual for the preset list. But from a usability perspective I don't like it not saying which page you're on, and the game name is very hard to see. I also don't like so much data not being there :p But I take it that's half the idea for that design?
Posted 9 years ago
Yeah, of course it's just a small part of it. ^^ It was made in just 20 minutes to show a possible style, not a final design. I pretty much just wanted to showcase a possible grid view, which just looks more appealing than a small table (well it gets larger when a games name is large ^^).
Posted 6 days, 16 hours ago
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is more than just a fine line! it's like the difference between a lightning bug and the lightning! um curso em milagres https://machineintelligence.mn.co/posts/54948129
New post

Please log in to post an answer