7 hours, 37 minutes ago
by tarkaz
7 hours, 40 minutes ago
by Tiplos
8 hours, 46 minutes ago
by tarkaz
Can't launch any sweet fx with Witcher 3
Posted 8 years, 11 months ago
Hello, I beg you to help me, i can't launch any sweet fx, i have this screen when i launch the game : http://www.noelshack.com/2015-21-1432372886-photo.png It lasts 1/2 sec, then go back to desk... Can you please helpme :( I am Nvidia, no fraps and tryed everything...
I got the same problem :(
OMG I thought I was the only one... I am trying every possibility i can imagine. I'll tell you if something works
Nice thanks man.. Somewhere i read, it started to happen after the last "the witcher 1.3 update".
Yes but as far i can see, we are the only ones !
I think this is our problem Write permission Try running the game as Administrator SweetFX require write access to the folder the game is in, for writing to a log file (called log.log). In later Windows versions, users don’t have write access to the default install area on the disk. You can either change the permissions on the folder so that you have write access there, or run the game as Administrator.
I already tryed to run game as administrator, it doesn't work :(
And i have the dxgi log in the folder
This is not a fix, put just a tweak. IV. TWEAKS 1. For NVIDIA user: Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel, then with the "Manage 3D settings" tab selected on the left side of the window, select "Program Settings", find "The Witcher 3 (witcher3.exe)" and change the following variables: + Anisotropic Filtering: On + FXAA: On + Texture Filtering - Quality: High Quality
Already tryed this, not working :(
Do you have the Steam version? Apparently the Steam overlay can cause issues so it should be disabled in game. Do you have Afterburner or Precision X or any other program like that which has the server part/overlay (RTSS) in game? Those supposedly need to be disabled as well. Those are the only two issues I know about that make sweetfx not work.
I have GOG version, my pc is new, i just have installed wither 3 and winrar : /
i also have GOG version.. Also i just had a clean windows install before the witcher
Try to update DirectX. It worked for me. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Sparx i was about to post this comment... indeed it was direcX the problem, i saw this on another forum. Thx anyway, now problem solved i am so happy
Posted 8 years, 10 months ago
I did everything above, and even tried forcing SweetFX with Radeon Pro and it still doesn't work.
Posted 8 years, 10 months ago
I was having a crash on startup with 1.000 times better (I didn't actually try other presets) and fixed it by installing ReShade + SweetFX 2.0 from reshade.me, then copying just the sweetfx config file from the preset to the SweetFX folder. Game runs fine.
Posted 8 years, 8 months ago
i had the same problems has you guys, i manage to fix it folowing this link, its the same has bignatho says, just step by step. hope it helps for everyone. also run dll-fixer program to fix directx error whitout the need to format the computer. guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_sY4iCfkAA program: http://pt.dll-files.com/fixer there are free alternatives to dll-fixer just google dll fixer alternative hope everyone gets this working
Posted 8 years, 8 months ago
Do you happen to have DisplayFusion or Teamviewer? For me that sometimes causes the game not to stay fullscreen or even crash. Try exiting that. Good luck with solving this problem!
New post

Please log in to post an answer