53 minutes ago
by mnbvc
1 hour, 22 minutes ago
by mnbvc
1 hour, 45 minutes ago
by mnbvc
Planetside 2 Syntax error
Posted 7 years, 11 months ago
Syntax error on line 20 of Sweet.fx syntax error on line 1 of reshade.fx Anyone know anything about this? I'm on 2.0
Something's mistyped in those files on those lines.
Oh wait .... WHAT?? SweetFX on Planetside2 ?...no way, i thought they could ban you from the game permanently,if you use it, right? Please, correct me if i'm mistaken ... oh boy if that's true i'm gona go crazy !! LOL
^ They've stated they can ban you for using it but I have never once seen one person state that they have been banned or know anyone that has been banned for using SweetFX or ReShade in Planetside 2. In-fact I was never banned for using it when I played.
Thank you for the reply Zomgerd. It happened to me once, then i contacted someone from the developers team. I was having one day problems, i couldn't login to my planetside account and they asked me, if i was using any programs outside from planetside. And then i told them about SweetFX. They just sayd to me, that sweetfx can be used somehow, as a "cheating program" for spoting enemies and such and therefor... if i'm gona use it again i'm just gona get asskicked out, for cheating !! I'm confused man, don't know what to do from now on .... should i take my chances and try again? Oh God ... i hate this, its unfair. I LOVE sweetfx
I've used SweetFX/ReShade for 300 hours in GTA Online and haven't had a single issue with the ban-happy rockstar. Also, a few hundred hours of SFX/RS in Battlefield 4 as well. This is the first I've heard of any developer considering ReShade "cheating". The only thing I can think of would be modifying the LiftGammaGain to be a poor-man's night vision or something; however, the same can be done just by messing with your monitor settings, so I doubt that's reasonable enough cause for banishment. Depth-based effects are disabled in multiplayer, so they can't cry "wallhack" or whatever either. To answer your question... Don't do it. If they've caught you once, they'll try even harder to catch you again. But, Because planetside is fee-to-play, you can make as many accounts as you want. If you make a second, entirely different account (and maybe change your static IP) then go for it. You *shouldn't* get in trouble.
Ex Sony dev, not surprised they don't know shit about anything on PC. It's impossible to use SweetFX for cheating purposes and the more advanced ReShade injector is closed source and automatically disables depth buffer access for online use. I have zero idea how they ever came up with the idea that a shader suite could ever be used to cheat. That's like saying turning your brightness up is cheating.
Hmmm ... that's a goood idea Fiery. Yes i could make a second game account if i want to. Because on the existing one have spended some euros, to buy some special guns.... don't wana lose all this, you know? My internet connection here, does not have static ip because most of the internet providers, ask for extra money to give you one. But i have a second e-mail account i could use it with a new game account just to try out if sweetFX is alowed now ... who knows maybe i'll be ok whith it... Zorngerd i agree 1000% with what you sayd. This is THE ONLY game in the whole world, that's not allowin me to use sfx. I even used it on Battlefield 2 bad company, with no problems ... ever !! Someone alredy created some other "cheat" engines for that game, but i guess SweetFX is worst then that, huh??! Here, see it for yourself : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JMA4U9Fhvs
"Ask extra money to give you one". What in the name of oblivion is that?! You literally just type in your IPV4 default gateway into your browser, log into your router, and manually add a static IP.
New post

Please log in to post an answer