4 minutes ago
15 minutes ago
28 minutes ago
by sagara
36 minutes ago
by geyec
SweetFX doesn't work with The Evil Within
Posted 8 years, 12 months ago
I've read on the forums, and I noticed that someone else has had a similar issue with this game, but the thread is several months old, and mine likely won't work, perhaps because Tango has modified the game engine to not accept SweetFX or something. http://sfx.thelazy.net/forum/sweetfx/45/ In the above thread, some JLA_Squall linked an archive with a bunch of files to use, and it has worked for some people but me. When I installed them and tried to run TEW, it gave me an error telling me that it couldn't find a dll file from system32. Even just installing SweetFX with a configurator, the visuals remain exactly the same, no matter what preset I used. I also used Boulotaurs injector to no avail. Anyone have any idea what might be the issue, and how to get it to work? My OS is Windows 8.1 64-bit, if it helps. Thank you in advance!
now Im not too sure about this tbh and I havnt tried myself since I no longer have this game. have you tried the 64bit dll's in Boulotaurs injector? that might work.
Hi! That files are not working with some games on Win 8.1! You could try this: http://1drv.ms/1Cz0voO
SweetFX + Windows 8.1 has always had some sort of issue on some games (dx11) which is the main reason I haven't nor ever will update to 8.1, however, good news is, ReShade is compatible with Windows 8.1 and works perfect with depth buffer access for enhanced shaders support like Ambient Occlusion and Depth of Field effects. To sum it up, start using ReShade, especially if you have issues with SweetFX 1.5.1 on Windows 8.1, that or... go back to Windows 8 :)
Hey Squall, thanks for the files! While the game launches now, there is no discernible difference, if any. Omnipotus, I tried ReShade, but it doesn't seem like it's doing anything either. I reckon I'm just doing it wrong, so any help would be appreciated. Also, do I need to have the r_skipglare command set to 1 for SweetFX to work? Or would doing that defeat the purpose of SweetFX?
Ok! Let's try that (If you haven't tried yet): - Remove all sweetfx files from game folder, - Use Reshade - Copy "SweetFX_Settings" file of mine and paste into the Evil Within/ sweetfx folder. (Default settings doesn't change anything) Hope it works this time.
Holy crap, that worked! Thanks for your help! Also, some concerns using the "installer" for ReShade. It doesn't seem like it detects what TEW uses, and judging from my research, it uses OpenGL due to id Tech 5, so I manually "installed" it by dragging the 64-bit dll and renaming it as opengl32.dll. I am unsure if the game is 32 or 64 bit, but I used the 64-bit dll and it worked. Perhaps someone who is more tech savvy can post the proper files needed, since I feel I may have gotten it wrong. Again, thank you all so much for your help!
Posted 8 years, 11 months ago
Hello Luigi,can you explain me how to solve this step by step? I've been trying for days but i just can´t make it work. Does it matter if i have the "r_skipglare" command set to 0? Thank you.
———————————————————————————————————————————— Step 1 Download both links to your desktop and extract them. Download Reshade Files Below http://www.mediafire.com/download/v9c78th0c42j4gp/ReShade+0.17.0+Public+Beta+with+SweetFX+2.0+Beta+8.7z Download Mastereffect Files Below http://www.mediafire.com/download/nx7ksjo4es1rg65/MasterEffect.rar Then go inside the ReShade 0.17.0 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Beta 8 folder and run the ''ReShade Setup'' and you will see a welcome thing pop up. On this menu pop up press select game and go to wherever your game is installed and select the games exe and press open. You will see the menu pop up thing do it's thing and When it is finish it will ask you do you want to run the game. But don't just Exit it. Reshade is now installed ———————————————————————————————————————————— Step 2 Go inside the MasterEffect folder you got from the rar and you will see 3 things: • a Folder called MasterEffect • a MasterEffect file • a ReShade file Copy them 3 to where your games exe is is and overwrite when ask. Now Reshade + MasterEffect is Installed ———————————————————————————————————————————— Step 3 Download a Preset from the same MasterEffect version and copy everything from inside It, Over everything inside the Mastereffect file in your game folder
No,it doesn´t work. The game crashes during auto-detection and when i do the manual installation nothing happens,bah i don´t care anymore. Thank you so much Quentin for taking your time to help me.
Posted 7 years, 9 months ago
JLA_Squall and luigi_master!! It works!! Thank you ;-)
New post

Please log in to post an answer