The game uses OpenGL. Install Reshade 3 or 4 as OpenGL. It works with MoHAA/Expansions. No in-game config changes needed.
There is a bug when showing OSD from MSI Afterburner, which causes Reshade to disable. Hide OSD to restore Reshade.
Older Reshade 1.x/SweetFX 2.0 OpenGL injectors don't work in this game. To use them, you will need OpenGL to DirectX wrapper - GLDirect, additionaly, you must make change in game config. Follow these steps:
1. Download https://osdn.net/frs/g_redir.php?m=kent&f=gldirect%2FGLDirect+Releases%2FGLDirect+Initial+Release%2Fgldirect5_opensource.zip
2. Go to bin\release. Extract and rename "gldirect5.dll" to "opengl32.dll".
3. Copy the file to MoHAA folder
4. Paste preset/reshade to MoH dir
1. Run the game
2. Enable console in options
3. Press "~" and type:
set r_gldriver 3dfxgl.dll
add in cvars section:
seta r_gldriver "3dfxgl"
4. Download https://osdn.net/frs/g_redir.php?m=kent&f=gldirect%2FGLDirect+Releases%2FGLDirect+Initial+Release%2Fgldirect5_opensource.zip
5. Go to bin\release. Extract and rename "gldirect5.dll" to "3dfxgl.dll".
6. Copy the file to MoHAA folder
7. Paste preset to MoH dir
8. Run ReShade Setup.exe and set at least D3D9 Mode
4* For a some FPS increase you can use:
(can cause 60 FPS limit)
It is dll from gldirect-5.0.2 based on DX8. Be aware that it makes the game visuals darker.
For using this OGL>DX8 wrapper with Reshade 3/4 you need D3D8to9 (normally GLDirect wrapper is not required for version 3 and 4).
For older Reshade versions used with this wrapper, just rename reshade's d3d9.dll to d3d8.dll.
In case of crash on startup, return to previous gldirect (DX9).
All other available OGL>DX wrappers checked, and "gldirect" worked the best among others.
The game is OpenGL by default.
nGlide (library from compatibility list also checked), and dgVoodoo wasn't working
WickedGL neither. Lot of Glide>OGL wrrappers also didn't work.