Latest forum threads
1 hour, 20 minutes ago
6 hours, 58 minutes ago
by fill3y
9 hours, 52 minutes ago
by Olhag
10 hours, 3 minutes ago
by Olhag
Ambient occlusion in American Truck Simulator?
Posted 8 years ago
Edited 8 years ago
Hi there! I'm trying to apply any (SSAO or HDAO etc) ambient occlusion types via reshade but seems not really working. Any idea? I'm in a very noob state for now hehe.. Thanks!
Posted 8 years ago
I've never played any truck simulators and never will, but I'm pretty sure Ambient Occlusion would need Depth Buffer access. Make sure you have that. ~ I haven't used ReShade's AO yet, so this is conjecture.
Posted 8 years ago
The depth buffer in Truck Simulator games is turned upside down when using DX9 so any AO or DOF etc will not work properly, you need to use the OpenGL API to successfully use the Depth Buffer I would suspect. You also need some level of experience with using the Reshade Mediator tool or knowledge of the setup for those effects as it can take some time and tweaking and a lot of people give up or cant find the right settings.
Posted 8 years ago
In that case, you could just enable the option to flip the depth buffer, right?
Posted 8 years ago
Thanks for the reply :) : i've found about the manual flipped depthbuffer in reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/601-manual-depthbuffer-flip?start=24#12477 but cannot understand very well what lines in the code and/or where is it the .cfg file to try to solve the problem. Sorry for my shitty english...
Posted 8 years ago
Download the latest version of Reshade they have an option in there to flip the buffer. the link http://reshade.me/ It's under Globals in the Reshade Assistant, this will save you time trying to modify Reshade.fx :) And it's called: Reshade Depth Input Is Upside Down.
Posted 8 years ago
@davemode i dont play tgis game but does it have a hud ? If yes turn it off and disable any kind of Anti Aliasing Technics Good Luck ! P.S. dont set the radius to high for AO and try SSGI or HBAO
New post

Please log in to post an answer