1 hour, 42 minutes ago
by Tiplos
1 hour, 46 minutes ago
by tarkaz
1 hour, 48 minutes ago
by Tiplos
2 hours, 55 minutes ago
by tarkaz
WHO to contact if having issue with the site/user?
Posted 7 years, 11 months ago
There's no email or contact form anywhere. Excuse the cut off/weird topic title, not enough characters.
The suspense is killing me. What's this mystical magical issue?
eg. please delete posts from defacing my account: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1078/ And also please merge Need For Speed's two separate sites for presets https://sfx.thelazy.net/forum/site/351/
Site owner/admin is Terrasque but I have zero idea how you can contact him. @Deton24 As said before, merging game listings is an extremely tedious process and it's not easily done either. Do not hold your breath for that or any other listing getting merged.
deton24, Did I ask you? Also, if you want.... whatever that outburst on the Rayman's page was covered up, best not link it to an active post.
Since you all are not admins here, leave us alone and contact with Terrasque. (facepalm)
^ correct syntax would be 'neither of you are' not "you all are not" Also what I've stated about your preset merge request is based in truth as the only time the games list was ever partially cleaned of duplicates was when I first mentioned it over 2 years ago. The last time a singular game had duplicates merged was done so by Ninjafada and I don't think he has the time or patience to fix the problem either, not even sure if he's still an admin. The problem isn't that you're asking him to merge a duplicate, the problem is that once he does so, he is then almost guaranteed to receive more requests to merge duplicates and honestly I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to uncork that bottle. It sounds like zero fun having to move presets one by one to a specific game listing then deleting the duplicates, it sounds like a lot less work when stated that way but I can imagine how incredibly painstaking that would be. The patience and time required to do that probably feels like a lot of effort for small gains only to fix duplicates every time a game launches. And there is no system he could put in place that would stop duplicates either.
Zomgerd: "...And there is no system he could put in place that would stop duplicates either." From what I can tell, that seems to be the case. 100%. But..... Why exactly is *that* the problem? From the way you described it, if Hitler added a new game called "Dark Souls" and Stalin added a new game misspelled as "Dark Soles" the only way to fix the conundrum would be to manually move each individual preset from Stalin's "Dark Soles" to Hitler's "Dark Souls", right? So instead of developing some kind of impossible system to detect which of the names have spelling mistakes, why not instead implement a system to move presets around in bulk? -If Stalin was insecure and uploaded 17 presets to "Dark Soles", moving them to Hitler's "Dark Souls" one-by-one over the course of your entire evening would be more inconvenient than a fairy having sex with your washing machine. -If Stalin was insecure and uploaded 17 presets to "Dark Soles", moving all of them to Hitler's "Dark Souls" as one big bulk over the course of eating some eggs would only be slightly more inconvenient than burning said eggs, yes? Of course, this system may be incredibly difficult to implement depending on how the presets are stored. Then we all may just simple have to deal with the love fairies having sex with our washing machines and push on through life. deton24, I don't *remember* an admin actively participating in one of these threads in my short existence on this site, so you're unfortunately stuck with Zomie and I.
Never said he couldn't implement a system that makes moving presets easier nor did I mean to imply that he meant for it to continue to be that way. In-fact in my post when he mentioned how he had to move the presets he prefaced it with "at the moment" so it seemed like he recognized it was, and would continue to be, a problem and probably intended on implementing a way to "bulk move" presets. I cannot say for certain that is what he intended to do mind. Definitely not actively discussing, probably more observing but I don't know if you mean threads regarding duplicates, user issues or both but Terrasque did actually respond to a couple threads recently. One of which was mine that I did on behalf of two other users because they could not log in, reset password or create an account (I couldn't create a new account when I tried, never got the email). The other was about how ReShade Framework presets should be handled because there is no current way to download direct from the site Framework made presets without linking it to other file hosting services.
There's some problems with merging games that's not easy either, like comments. Let's say both game entries have a set of comments, where conversations have been done. How will you merge them? Sort by date? Mark one set as merged? Two lists? What about instructions on both entries? What should be kept and what should be discarded? I can make a tool that does some mergings, but I don't like making something that only does part of the job. I've also been pretty busy lately with life and work for some time :/
Speak of the devil..... I never considered the other aspects such as comments. Indeed, they would need to be transferred; especially if they contain some lovely trouble-shooting discussions. -Sort by date would make the separate conversations hard to follow. -A special 'has been merged' marking would hypothetically work, but be kinda messy. -Two different comment threads for a single game would be a little crazy. Hm. So far every solution *I've* thought of would come with serious drawbacks. You can't efficiently disallow greenhorns to add games, you can't really hyperlink everything in an orderly fashion, I doubt auto-checking Steam as a 'first line of defense' would make life easier, etc. If my friend or I happen to come up with any solution that doesn't.... uh, suck(?) then I guess I'll post it somewhere appropriate.
Posted 7 years, 10 months ago
@Terrasque please delete posts from defacing my account on game's main site: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1078/
Nah, it's fine. Learn to live on the edge, boy. Also, Streisand effect?
I'M ON THE EDGE OF GLORY! But yeah, don't get too caught up on a mistake.
New post

Please log in to post an answer