My personal ReShade preset for Deserts of Kharak. I can't help but think of Dune when I play this game, so here's my attempt at evoking the dusty, oppressive heat of the atmosphere of Arrakis.
This is also my first stab at making a visual preset from scratch, so feedback is much appreciated! I started with Verrenus' Sea of Dunes preset and built from there. I added several additional effects including filmgrain and heathaze(in an effort to simulate the dust and heat), color LUT, bloom, and vignette. For a subtler, less FX intensive mod check his preset out here: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5047/
1. Download Arrakeen Air at:
2. Download ReShade Framework V 1.1.0 at: http://reshade.me/
3. Extract the contents of the ReShade archive anywhere and then copy ONLY ReShade.fx and either the ReShade32.dll OR ReShade64.dll(dependent on your OS) into your "Deserts of Kharak" game folder usually located in ...C:\Users\yourname\Steam\steamapps\common\Deserts of Kharak.
4. Rename the copied ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll to "dxgi.dll".
5. Lastly, copy the contents of my archive into your "Deserts of Kharak" game folder and you're ready to roll out! :)
*Scroll Lock* toggles on/off the ReShade FX(I noticed that this can be buggy on some levels, randomly leaving some features enabled/disabled. If this happens, make a new game save, and reload to reset ReShade)
*Control+H* toggles on/off the HUD for those sexy screenies ;)
*Page Down* toggles on/off the Tiltshift effect(I use it for screenshots, not for gameplay as it blurs the top and bottom edges of the screen/UI) TILTSHIFT IS ON BY DEFAULT, SO MAKE SURE TO TOGGLE IT OFF WHEN YOU PLAY OR YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO READ YOUR HUD
>>>View the screenshots at full resolution to really see the difference.<<<